From the steep climbs of central Kyushu to the coastal city of Hachinohe – be prepared for amazement and discovery.
This sixth edition of the Japanese Odyssey starts from Kagoshima city, at the foot of Sakurajima, on Tuesday, October 24th, 2023.
From there, the riders will rally the Ashigezaki Observatory in Hachinohe, while crossing the 15 control points and mandatory segments that will lead through to mountainous and secluded roads.
Checkpoints & segments
- START – Sakurajima pensinsula
- S1 – Mandatory segment around the Bay / Kinko-wan
- CP2 – Control point Prefectural Road 15
- S3 – Mandatory segment around Mt Kunimi
- S4 – Mandatory segment around Mt Waita
- S5 – Mandatory segment Rakan Highlands
- CP6 – Control point Road Ashidachi Tojo
- S7 – Mandatory segment Tajima Alpen Road
- S8 – Mandatory segment Onyu Pass
- S9 – Mandatory segment Mount Kanmuri Pass
- CP10 – Control Point Nomugi Village
- CP11 – Control point Hoshitoge Rice Terraces
- CP12 – Control point Shirabu Pass
- CP13 – Control point Mogami
- S14 – Mandatory Segment 3.11 Densho Road
- CP15 – Control point Wind farm Kuzumaki
- FINISH – Ashigezaki Observatory, Hachinohe
Check the full map of segments and checkpoints to see their exact location.