From the steep climbs of central Kyushu to the coastal city of Hachinohe – be prepared for amazement and discovery.
This sixth edition of the Japanese Odyssey starts from Kagoshima city Central Park on Wednesday, September 30th, 2020.
From there, the riders will rally the Ashigezaki Observatory in Hachinohe, while crossing the 15 control points and mandatory segments that will lead them to mountainous and secluded roads.
Checkpoints & segments
- START – Kagoshima Central Park
- CP1 – Control point Imuta-Ike
- CP2 – Control point Okuchiyamano
- S3- Mandatory segment around Mt Kunimi
- S4 – Mandatory segment around Mt Waita
- CP5 – Control point Kamiuchi Pass
- CP6 – Control point Niimi
- S7 – Mandatory segment Tonomine Kogen
- S8 – Mandatory segment Kumara Kaido
- S9 – Mandatory segment Ena Valley
- CP10 – Control point Ogawara Pass
- S11 – Mandatory segment Nozawa Onsen
- CP12 – Control point Hoshitoge Rice Terraces
- CP13 – Control point Shirabu Pass
- CP14 – Control point Mogami
- S15 – Mandatory segment Morioka
- FINISH – Ashigezaki Observatory, Hachinohe
Check the map of segments and checkpoints to see their exact location.