From the steep climbs of central Kyushu to the vibrant metropolis of Tokyo – be prepared for amazement and discovery.
This fifth edition of the Japanese Odyssey starts from the Sakurajima peninsula in the bay of Kagoshima on Saturday, October 12th, 2019.
From there, the riders will rally the Nihonbashi in Tokyo, while crossing the 14 control points and mandatory segments that will lead them to mountainous and secluded roads.
Checkpoints & segments
- START – Sakurajima peninsula, Kagoshima
- CP1 – Mt Wanitsuka
- CP2 – Mt Eboshi
- S3 – mandatory segment to Mt Shiraga
- CP4 – Ohira Pass tunnel
- S5 – mandatory segment around Old Oguni Highway
- S6 – mandatory segment to Tengukogen ski area
- CP7 – Kyobashira Pass
- S8 – mandatory segment around Naka Highway
- S9 – mandatory segment to Mt Gomadan
- CP10 – Okumotori Pass
- CP11 – « David’s choice » Kunimidake ski area
- S12 – mandatory segment to Kanayama Pass
- S13 – mandatory segment around Mt Ontake
- CP14 – Mikabo Rindo
- FINISH – Nihonbashi bridge, Tokyo
Check the map of segments and checkpoints to see their exact location.